Eyelash extensions are a great summer makeup alternative this year. You don’t have to worry about your falsies floating away in the Jersey Shore or worry about sweating them off on the boardwalk. But if you don’t take proper care of them, it will lead to a summer nightmare! Here is all you need to know to keep those lashes flawless all summer long!
No one likes the hassle of putting on and taking off lashes. A quick way to create an effortless beauty look this summer are with eyelash extensions. Whats best is you don’t have to worry about raccoon eyes, smudging or smearing because you don’t need any mascara or even eyeliner! Eyelash extensions do need more TLC in the hot weather so you don’t risk losing your real lashes, or getting an eye infection.
Warm, moist and dark places are the playing ground to harbor germs. Its your job to work double time in keeping them clean from the ocean water, bleached pools, perspiration, sand and dirt! Here is what you need to do:
- Wash them 1-2x a day with oil free soap
- Do not apply any sunscreen to the lash area
- Avoid mascara completely
- Do not use waterproof eyeliner
- Pat dry your face. Do not rub or add friction to lashes
- Use a coating sealant to protect lashes from over drying
- Wear protective eyewear when around sandy, windy places
- Most importantly stay hydrated. Drink lots of water
So have fun with your new summer accessory by taking care of them for flawless looking lashes. Don’t forget to set up a routine maintenance appointment with your eyelash tech every 3 weeks or as advised. Heres to great summer memories!