- Turn your denim inside out, and only wash denim in the load, no other clothing
- Use cold water on a gentle wash cycle add mild detergent plus 1tsp white vinegar per pair of denim in wash
- Vinegar helps set the dye, is a natural cleaning agent and odor remover
- Also try a specialized detergent for darks
- Add fabric softener for fresh smell and to soften clothing
- Lay out until partially dry then on low heat, do not over dry will fade color
- Wear denim 3 times before washing again
Dawn Del Russo is an author and on-air TV style expert seen on Access Hollywood Live, Meredith Vieira, Extra TV, E News!, Glamour Mag Show Dress To Kill and in print InStyle, Cosmo, Real Simple, Life & Style and US Weekly. She is NY’s 95.5 PLJ resident “What to Wear Weather” girl in the mornings. She attributes her designer taste from travel abroad while seeking unique pieces for her belladawn.com clients and Live The Glamour.com.