These crispy rice treats take less than ten minutes to whip up plus you only need three ingredients! They’re also whole grain AND they’re vegan! These cuties are perfect to bring along to any BBQ or party this weekend and since they’re bite-sized, they’re great for portion control too.
What you need:
- 5 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I recommend Erewhon’s Organic Crispy Brown Rice Gluten Free Cereal)
- 10 oz. vegan marshmallows (I always use Dandies Vanilla Marshmallows — really great and not overly sweet like other brands)
- 4 tbsp. vegan buttery spread, such as Melt Organic Original, or melted virgin coconut oil
What to do:
- Add the marshmallows and the buttery spread or oil to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal. Combine well until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Place the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press to desired thickness (I went with 3/4 inch).
- Cut out desired shapes using a lightly oiled cookie cutter.
Although they’re super cute naked, you can dress up these treats by dipping them in melted dark chocolate then sprinkling on some (organic!) sprinkles, chopped nuts, etc.
This will keep for up to two days at room temperature in an air tight container.