On Tuesday, Bobby Brown‘s extremely candid 20/20 interview with ABC News’ Robin Roberts aired and it was filled with shocking moments that will leave you with your mouth agape and eyes wide open. The 47-year-old Grammy-winning artist spoke openly and emotionally about his time as the frontman for New Edition, his controversial marriage to Newark native Whitney Houston, his battle with drugs and the impact of losing both the “I Will Always Love You” songstress and their daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown.
This content and more is discussed further in his forthcoming memoir, Every Little Step. Bobby’s book is set for release on June 13.
1. Bobby Brown had sex with a ghost!(No, we’re not joking)
“I bought this mansion in Georgia … this was a really, really spooky place,” Brown said. “But yes, one time, I woke up, and yeah, a ghost. I was being mounted by a ghost. I wasn’t tripping. I’ve had some crazy situations.”
2. The first time Bobby saw Whitney use drugs was on their wedding night.
Bobby found Whitney “hunched over a bureau snorting a line of coke.” She offered him a hit, but Bobby said no. “She wasn’t that,” an emotional Brown told Roberts. “The drugs wasn’t her. She did drugs but drugs didn’t do her. She knew how to handle herself. It only made me love and want to protect her more.”
3. Despite the rumors, Bobby swears he did not get Whitney started on drugs.
“It wasn’t me who started her,” Brown says. “I take my part and I take it hard for me even being a part of it, but we all have our own minds and some of us are stronger than others.”
4. Bobby and Whitney did drugs together while their daughter was home.
They would lock themselves in one wing of their home to get high while Bobbi Kristina was being watched in another part of the house. “I always made a point to not let her see me or my wife in that type of situation, in that type of feeling,” Brown said. “It’s hard when, you know, you’re doing it every day.”
5. Bobby believes they could have been a more positive influence in their daughter’s life.
“We could’ve been better. We should’ve been better.”
6. Bobby Brown is drug free, but still battles with alcohol.
“Sometimes I drink.” Bobby admitted to abusing marijuana, heroine, cocaine and alcohol. He’s been clean from narcotics for 10-12 years now, but alcohol has been a problem.
7. He hit Whitney.
Robin Roberts mentions Bobby admits to “striking” Whitney once in his memoir.
8. Bobby believes Bobbi Kristina’s boyfriend, Nick Gordon, had something to do with both Whitney and his daughter’s death.
“I know exactly what happened to my daughter. It’s not a mystery to me. The same thing that happened to my daughter is what happened to Whitney. There’s only one person that was around both occasions, only one person who says they were there to protect them. And he didn’t. He knows what happened. I don’t know what happened that night, but he does.”
9. Bobby’s last words to his daughter will break your heart.
“The hardest thing I ever had to do in my life was tell my daughter to let go.”
10. Bobby believes he could have prevented his daughter’s death.
“If I had those two days back I would’ve went and got her,”Bobby said referring to the fact that Bobbi Kristina was supposed to move to Los Angeles two days before she died to be closer to her dad. This makes him break down in tears.
11. Bobby has yet to visit their grave sites.