Beat the heat and relax with your guests after you whip up these cooling concoctions ahead of time.
Watermelon Jalapeño Cooler
3 cups of watermelon, frozen
2 limes, wedged
1 bunch of, mint
1-2 jalapeño pepper, diced.
5 cups tequila
splash of club soda
ice cubes if not using frozen watermelon
- Puree frozen watermelon in a blender, (for a smoother cocktail strain).
- In a large pitcher, muddle 1 lime, mint leaves, and 2 jalapeños.
- Stir in the blended watermelon, tequila and a splash of soda.
- Chill for 3-6 hours before serving.
- Serve in ice-filled glasses and garnish with lime, mint, and jalapeño.
Strawberry Citrus Sangria
1 large lemon, cut into round slices
1 large orange, cut into half-moon slices
1 1/2 cups strawberries, cubed
1 bottle dry white or red wine
1 1/2 cups sparkling wine
- In a large pitcher, layer lemon & orange slices plus the strawberries.
- Mash the fruit with a muddler or large wooden spoon then top with red/white wine and sparkling wine.
- Chill for 3-6 hours before serving. Serve in ice-filled glasses and garnish with fruit in pitcher.
- For the kids, leave out the wine and use seltzer and sparkling apple cider.
1 cup gin
1 cup sweet vermouth
1 cup Campari
1 whole orange peeled, sliced into strips
- In an ice-filled pitcher pour in all ingredients except for orange peel.
- Twist orange peel strips and stir into pitcher and chill for 2 hours.
- Strain into 8 cocktail glasses but keep chilled until ready to serve.