Melissa Gorga stunned in a white-hot jumpsuit and edgy topknot half bun during her Sunday night appearance on Watch What Happens Live after the Season 7 Finale of Real Housewives of New Jersey. We seriously can’t stop obsessing over her effortlessly chic hairdo (which is giving us major J.Lo vibes!). And it’s actually much easier than you think to recreate this fun take on a full topknot. The Envy boutique owner’s go-to hair guru Julius Michael is breaking down the steps for us on Instagram!
#RHONJ @melissagorga #topknot style breakdown in 6 easy steps: ????????♂️ Step 1> I Prepped her hair with @marulabeauty #dailymoisturemist to condition and protect from heat. ????????♂️ Step 2> I blow dried her hair with my @babylissprousa #rapido #blowdryer till smooth. ????????♂️ Step 3> I took a parting from the corner of #melissagorga eyes up at 90 degrees and pulled into a #ponytail then wrapped the pony into a knot and pinned in place using #bobbypins & #hairpins. ????????♂️ Step 4> I added clip in #hair #extensions from @want_hair for length and added fullness. ????????♂️ Step5> I took 1/4 sections and wrapped hair around my #babyliss 1-1/4 inch #curlingiron. ????????♂️ Step 6> I brushed out her #beachwaves and sprayed the style with #hairspray #hairsyle #hairstyleoftheday #sexyhair #sexy #longhair #jlo #hairinspo #instagram #style #wwhl #juliusmichael #marula #shorthair #hairtutorial
1. Prep hair with Marula Beauty Daily Moisture Mist (which you can find at Sephora in Paramus, Short Hills, and Wayne) to condition and protect from heat.
3. Take a parting from the corner of your eyes up at 90 degreess and pull it into a ponytai,l then wrap the pony into a knot and pin it in place using bobby pins and hair pins.
4. If you have thin or short hair, add in some clip-in extensions for length and fullness. Julius loves Bayonne-based Want Hair Extensions.
5. Take quarter-inch sections and wrap hair around a 1-1/4 inch curling iron (again Julius reccomends BaBylissPro).
6. Brush out beach waves and spray with hairspray.
Voila! It’s that simple.
We want to see your best topknot styles! Simply add the hashtag #omjstyle to your Instagram pics and your photo will automatically appear on our style section.